Thoughts and Faith to Share

When Helpers Turn into Destroyers

Posted by Jean M. Heimann at Catholic Fire
(copied here with permission)

A few months ago, I received a phone call requesting me to assist in a neighborhood fund drive for children who suffer from leukemia and lymphoma. I thought of the many friends and relatives I have, including my own mother and sister, who have struggled with cancer and immediately felt that God was calling me to assist others in this way. My heart aches for anyone who suffers from the physical and emotional pain of cancer, much less a child.

The kit arrived the other day and I was looking forward to contacting my neighbors about this special cause. My neighbors are busy people, but good Christians that they are, they don't hesitate to assist a neighbor or even a stranger in need.

Today I learned that the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society financially support Planned Parenthood.

This is the letter I 'm sending to them:

Dear Leukemia Lymphoma Society:

When you called requesting me to assist your organization in procuring funds for children who suffer from Leukemia and Lymphoma, I thought that you had a genuine concern in assisting children. Now, I know better. I have learned upon investigating your organization, that you assist in destroying life and I am shocked and appalled by this! As financial supporters of Planned Parenthood, you are assisting an agency that has murdered more human beings than Hitler and Stalin combined. Hitler and Stalin were responsible for the destruction of over 30 million lives combined, whereas Planned Parenthood bears the brunt of responsibility for destruction of over 47 million human lives.

Therefore, I am returning this fundraising kit to you. I am also planning to share this information with everyone in my neighborhood as well as those in my email address book and all their friends and family members in cyberspace on blogs, websites, etc. until you change your mind about supporting these baby killers.

When you do, I would ask that you let me know.



Comments:

Vicki Evans said:

In addition, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, which includes Team in Training, actively and financially supports embryonic stem cell research. The Society does not seem to know or care that all cures to date have come form ethical adult stem cells.